Where best-of-breed WMS meets the ERP
Manual environments and lack of real-time data can cripple the manufacturing supply chain. To proactively manage inventory and distribution flows, warehouse management systems (WMS) require integration with ERP systems. Softeon supply chain management solutions seamlessly integrate with ERP systems such as SAP, Oracle, Baan and other proprietary systems as well as standard integration protocols to facilitate quick implementation and ROI.
Softeon solutions easily connect every node of the manufacturing supply chain: labor, inventory, forecasting, transportation and distribution to create agile, flexible supply chains. Planners can make timely decisions involving the manufacturing process and the transfer of finished goods or components among DCs for improved inventory management. Goods move through the warehouse with increased visibility and efficiency.
Softeon manufacturing solutions give you the ability to:
- Proactively respond to shortage or overages of SKUs and send the information to the ERP on a real-time or scheduled basis
- Adjust daily shipment planning, wave sizing and other aspects of supply chain planning at the DC level with real-time or schedule feeds of forecasting and distribution resources planning information
- Analyze shipment histories to model and trigger inputs for planning systems based on statistical model techniques
- Manage labor and materials at the SKU level for value-added services (new product launches, product rollouts, promotions)
- Facilitate inbound inspection and quality checking to support quality assurance programs
- Use robust purchasing and demand planning capabilities including blanket PO generation and replenishment requests to suppliers
- Experience multi-level bill-of-materials support
- Implement sophisticated inventory allocation rules within the DC or across the network to support supplier integration
- Organize flexible options for order release (by waves, auto order based on events, etc.)
- Facilitate transportation management, inbound container management and merge-in-transit capabilities
Softeon next-gen solutions support lean manufacturing
3PLs and value-added distributors need systems that support contract manufacturing activities like assembly and kitting. Softeon solutions manage the exact requirements of assembly components via push or pull signals on real-time interfaces between the ERP and WMS. The system manages inbound materials into the warehouse and feeds into the assembly floor to maintain just-in-time inventory. Softeon solutions also support advanced practices such as vendor managed inventory (VMI).
"Softeon’s solution is adaptable and scalable to our business needs, and we have deployed the WMS solution in all our DCs and manufacturing facilities. The advanced web-based architecture provides real time inventory tracking and visibility."
Michael R. Fee, V.P. Marketing & Sales Operations, Reliable Automatic, Sprinkler Co., Inc.
Softeon Manufacturing Core Modules
Softeon solutions are a smart way to improve manufacturing and distribution operations. Learn more:
Seamlessly integrates with MRPII/ERPs such as supply chain/distribution planning, material planning and shop floor control systems to respond to real-time or scheduled ERP events that harmonize warehouse activities such as shipment planning, wave sizing, etc. Softeon WMS statistically models and analyzes shipment history to trigger events to MRPII/ERP.
Adaptable functions and components to support variation in assembly & kitting processes – from automotive and industrial assembly to consumer durables and electronics. Enables error-proofed processes to meet/exceed customer-acceptable standards for components and parts while maintaining optimal inventory throughout the supply chain.
Orchestrates event flows between manufacturing and warehouse processes. Routes planned and on-demand manufacturing events to manufacturing nodes and ASNs to warehouse nodes when finished goods are shipped from manufacturing. When goods are received in the warehouse, back orders for the finished goods are automatically allocated and released to the warehouse. Allocation strategies are based on available, expected or in-transit inventory.
Rule-driven support of a variety of configurable workflows to optimally process returns from diverse channels – directly from the end customer, through a multi-tier supply chain network and logistics service providers. Real-time visibility and rule-based capabilities dynamically evaluates return product attributes and condition to determine disposition and destination.
Manages multi-channel order demand, pricing, promotions and allocation rules to optimally meet customer order fulfillment SLAs. Flexible interface to accept orders from various channels, provides comprehensive order-to-delivery visibility.